Why are Inflatable hot tubs so popular? Well, here is why so many people are purchasing them. They are cheap and affordable for anyone who wants to put one up. ‘They are so easy to set up and maintain. In these stressful days anything that relaxes you holds a lot of importance in life. Portable hot tubs are a great choice for family fun!
People want to be able to just go home and relax and not have to pay for a spa treatment way across the city. Having a fixed hot tub is very expensive and everyone can’t afford it, and most of us don’t have space for one at our home.
This is why inflatable hot tubs are perfect for anyone who doesn’t want to spend a lot of money, but yet wants to enjoy a spa treatment. Maybe it is something that would be very therapeutic to your health and you just can’t afford to do appointments 3 times a week. The inflatable hot tub is your answer.
After knowing what features you should look for, following hot tube reviews, information, tips and FAQs will help you to pick the perfect tub that fits your needs:
- Inflatable Hot Tub Buying Factors
- Inflatable Hot Tub Video by Coleman
- Best Portable Hot Tub Reviews
- 8. Canadian Spa Company CSCHTRG29 Rio Grande
- 7. Lifesmart M Spa Excalibur Alpine Inflatable Spa
- 6. SaluSpa Miami Airjet Inflatable Spa:
- 5. MSpa B-130 Camaro 4-Person Spa with Smart Inflation
- 4. Radiant Saunas BP5767 Pinnacle 70-Inch Inflatable Hot-tub
- 3. Comfort Line Products Spa N a Box
- Hard Sided Walls!!!!
- 2. Intex 77in PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa
- 1. Coleman Lay z Spa Inflatable Hot Tub:
- Inflatable Hot Tub Benefits of Using
- Quick Tips To Consider For A Portable Spa
- Inflatable Hot Tub Frequently Asked Questions
- Inflatable Hot Tub Conclusion
Inflatable Hot Tub Buying Factors
1. Digital Control Panel:
When looking for inflatable hot tubs, control panels are situated right in front of the hot tub as a separate unit from the tub or can be on a plastic pole adjacent to the tub. With this control, you can adjust the temperature of the water, set a timer for your heater and some will even show you the temperature of the water. Most control panels are digital and are not complicated to understand. The other features that can be controlled at the panel would be the filtration system, and the bubble air-jet action for the tub. Some control panels can even manage the amount of air jets that operate at a time so if you are not into so much pressure from the jets, you can control that aspect.
2. Material and Construction:
There are four different types of materials used in making hot tub shells, including concrete, stainless steel, fiberglass and acrylic. Concrete shell is most expensive as compared to others. Also, it has such a rigid construction. On the other hand, stainless steel shells are fairly flexible but they have similar traits to concrete shells. Furthermore, they are only available in limited shapes and sizes. Fiberglass has better insulating features but it can be damaged if used carelessly. Lastly, acrylic is the least expensive material used in hot tub shells. This seems to be the favorite for most people as it is lighter in weight and is very portable.
3. Floor Cushioning:
Since hot tubs are basically made to enhance your relaxation hours, it should be made of a material that is comfortable and feels good to your skin. The acrylic used in inflatable hot tubs is a soft to the touch material but it is still strong enough to hold its shape when inflated. Many hot tubs come with floor cushioning that is either air inflated or they have an inflatable pad that you set them on before you fill them with water. It lets you feel as if you are sitting in your own bed. This is one feature you will want to investigate when trying to decide which brand of inflatable hot tub would be the right one for you.
4. Water Capacity – How many gallons? This product varies greatly where water capacity is concerned. The ones that I have reviewed range anywhere from 190 gallons to 250 gallons. The water capacity will depend on how many people you want your hot tub to service. If you are a family of two and want the hot tub just for your own use, choose one of the smaller tubs. If you want a hot tub that will handle 4-6 people, then the larger tub with a capacity of 250 gallons would be the one to purchase.
5. How it inflates?
Most inflatable hot tubs can be filled with the pump that comes with the entire package. It can be used to inflate and deflate the hot tub as well. Most hot tubs will come with an instructional DVD or a manual you can read, or go on line and to access them. There are no tools required to inflate or deflate the tub so most people do not have any problems with this procedure as it is pretty simplistic.
6. Electric Requirements – Does it use a standard 120v outlet?
There are two types of hot tubs which are operated by burning fuel or by electric current. The electrical requirements vary depending upon where the tub is being placed (whether indoors or outdoors). If the hot tub you chose depends on electricity, there will be two types of requirements for it: it can be operated on 120v or 240v. A hot tub which operates with 120v can be plugged into any outlet. On the other hand, hot tubs requiring 240v need a special power supply which is solely made for its use. An additional electrical requirement with some hot tubs is a GFCI breaker. The GFCI breaker must be installed for emergency purposes. Check the codes for your area and follow the manufacturers instructions.
7. How many people it holds?
Hot tub capacity can vary with different sizes. It can either hold two people or more than four people at a time. Before buying a hot tub, you have to be sure about how many people will be using it at one time. The seating arrangement is made so that the customer can feel comfortable. Most hot tubs come without seats but the floor is usually an inflatable one. Seats and headrests can be purchased at a dealer if that is what you prefer, but most customers do not find them necessary for comfort.
8. How deep is it?
When selecting a hot tub, you will have to be certain that the tub is deep enough for your body type. The depth runs from 18 inches to 29 inches, this would be a consideration when purchasing a hot tub. You get the best results in a tub where you can submerge your shoulders and neck. The warmth of the water and the massaging air bubble jets will do their best work if you are in water that covers your whole body, except your head of course.
9. Come with a cover?
Some inflatable hot tubs also come with covers. These covers help to keep the water at a certain temperature while it is not in use. It will protect the water from debris and insects that could clog up your filtration system. Some of the covers come with a lock system which is a great safety feature.
Inflatable Hot Tub Video by Coleman
Best Portable Hot Tub Reviews
8. Canadian Spa Company CSCHTRG29 Rio Grande
This product can be considered as the best hot tub according to customer reviews. People who have bought the product have appreciated how it is designed and how reliable it is. You can enjoy your spa time at home with your family since it is big enough to entertain more people at a time than smaller units.
- The hot tub can take in 4 to 5 people at a time.
- It has a water capacity of 250 gallons, which is a lot.
- It contains 88 bubble jets.
- The walls of the hot tub are made up of vinyl liner and I-beam construction.
- It can heat up the water to temperature of 103 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It comes with a cover and a thermal blanket which can keep the heat in.
- It is only available in one color (brown).
- The product is more expensive that other models
7. Lifesmart M Spa Excalibur Alpine Inflatable Spa
With this product, you are in luxury whether indoors or outdoors. This hot tub is easy to use and self inflates! It does not even have much electrical requirements. It can work in 110v without any special wiring. Buying this hot tub would add pleasure to your daily routine.
- There is no tool required for inflation. The product can set itself up in just a few minutes.
- It contains 100 air jets which can give you an amazing feeling.
- It comes with a thermal cover which can keep the heat in.
- It has a filtration pump as well.
- The product is durable and reliable because of its vinyl construction.
- It is able to accommodate 2 to 4 people in one time.
I would actually consider this a 2 Person Inflatable Hot Tub based on the size of it. Definitely a great option to start out with for 2 adults.
6. SaluSpa Miami Airjet Inflatable Spa:
This inflatable hot tub is smaller than Coleman’s hot tub. The product is made to be portable. It can either be placed indoors or outdoors, according to your wishes. Setting up the SaluSpa Miami hot tub is very easy. There are no tools required to install it. The price is reasonable in accordance with the features it provides to the customer. The style and design is similiar to other hot tubs.
- The product has 120 bubble jets installed.
- It can accommodate 4 persons only.
- It has a water filtration system.
- It also contains a digital control panel.
- The product has two layers of laminated PVC.
- The inflatable cover prevents thermal losses.
- It can heat the water up to 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
- There are no extra features given.
There is also a SaluSpa Hawaii Inflatable hot tub which contains a HydroJet massage system. Furthermore, it can make room for 4 to 6 persons at one time.
5. MSpa B-130 Camaro 4-Person Spa with Smart Inflation
The product is of very good quality with walls that can insulate the heat. It is durable in long term use. it’s design is very sleek and attractive and made of high quality laminated PVC. The hot tub is easy to set up with smart inflation.
- The hot tub contains built-in control box.
- It can hold up to 184 gallons of water.
- There are 110 bubble jets present in the hot tub.
- It can heat up the water to 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Capacity is 4 people.
- It has 2 filter cartridges.
- The heat can be preserved by the inflatable bladder insulation system.
- The blower shuts down on its own after 30 minutes.
- It heats up slowly.
Another MSPA Spa Hot Tub Model
MSpa M-115S Luxury Exotic Outdoor Spas: The product is good enough since it contains 6 layers of laminated PVC. Furthermore, it contains 138 jets. Above all, the hot tub has an LCD touch screen. It can entertain you with anything you wish for.
4. Radiant Saunas BP5767 Pinnacle 70-Inch Inflatable Hot-tub
You can have a peaceful evening. The product can provide you with luxury whether day or night. It is a portable product that can be set up anywhere you want. The design is appealing. The product comes in black color only. It has a place in high ranked hot tubs according to customer reviews.
- 4 people can fit in this hot tub.
- The hot tub can hold up to 190 gallons of water.
- The hot tub is strong due to the black synthetic leather it is made from.
- There is a built-in inflatable bladder which can preserve the heat.
- It comes with a digital touch control panel which makes it easy to use.
- The inflation and deflation only takes a few minutes.
- It contains 88 bubble jets.
- The hot tub takes too long to heat the water.
3. Comfort Line Products Spa N a Box
The product is good product that can be added in your luxury list. Moreover, the hot tub is available at an affordable price. The hot tub is very easy to use. It can be set up without any kind of difficulty in 20 minutes!
Hard Sided Walls!!!!
- The hot tub inflated without any tools.
- It can accommodate 4 to 5 people comfortabley.
- It is a very good product in terms of its water capacity because it can hold up to 280 gallons of water.
- It also contains a filtration system.
- It has an insulated inflatable cover.
- 100 micro-air jets, the 1.3HP TurboWave Massage system.
2. Intex 77in PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa
The Intex hot tub is appealing to most customers because it has a number of features that people want at a very low price. This is a good seller on the market because of its features and low price.
- It can store up to 210 gallons of water in one go.
- It is able to hold 4 to 6 people at one time.
- It has 120 jets in the massage system.
- It has an insulated cover which prevents heat loss.
- It contains filter cartridges.
- It can warm the water up to 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The walls loose air at times.
- The product does not come with water treatment chemical starter kit.
You can order this model in different colors or sizes.
Intex Portable 6-Person Inflatable PureSpa Plus Bubble Spa – 28409E: This model can accommodate 6 people at one time. Also, it contains built-in water treatment system with 3-ply laminate PVC and good filtration systems.
Intex PureSpa Plus Bubble Massage Set: The product contains a water capacity of 210 gallons. It is able to warm the water up to 68 degrees Celsius. It is able to hold 4 people at one time. It is a portable product with a carrying bag for your use.
1. Coleman Lay z Spa Inflatable Hot Tub:
The lay-z-spa is available in green color for customers (representing Coleman). It is designed in such a way that it can be set up in your backyard. The design is quite appealing and attracts more customers. Overall, the package is great because it has a satisfying design with a low price.
It is ranked among the top rated inflatable hot tubs. Customers have had a great experience after buying this hot tub by Coleman. Here are some pros and insights of buying this product:
- It is able to store 254 gallons of water in one time.
- It contains 120 powerful jets.
- The product has a hydro-massage system.
- It has cushion flooring that can accommodate four to six people.
- The maximum temperature can be reached to 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The heater and pump shuts down on its own after 72 hours.
Inflatable Hot Tub Benefits of Using
Like every other product, the hot tub also has a few benefits that you would want to know about.
Inflatable Hot Tub is an Economical Alternative to Hard Hot Tubs or Jacuzzis:
If we compare these hot tubs with a traditional Jacuzzis, we will notice that the hot tubs are much more economical than the latter product. Jacuzzis are quite expensive when you price them. On the other hand, hot tubs come in different materials, colors and styles and prices. It will be up to you to choose what you can afford.
- Portable and Easy-To-Install:
Almost all inflatable hot tubs are portable. They can be set up wherever you wish. You can either set it up inside your house or in your backyard. You can even take it along when you go for picnics. The best part about hot tubs is that they do not require experts to install them. They can easily be installed anywhere without any special tools. Sometimes, it only takes up to 20 minutes for an inflatable hot tub to be set up.
- A Good way to promote family bonding moments or entertain guests:
Bigger hot tubs can accommodate more people at a time so your entire family can fit in it for an evening of fun together. Since some hot tubs can hold more than 4 people at a time, why not invite your friends over for a cook out and do them a favor also. Get them in your inflatable hot tub and let them relax from a hard day at the office.
- Self-Relaxation Health Benefits:
Hot tubs are a very good choice when you want to have the time to yourself. Every person needs some free time to relax themselves. Such moments are important in regard to your health. Your mental state will be enhanced and you will have nothing to worry about. Health is very important for every person on this planet. Get this product for yourself as well as your family.
Quick Tips To Consider For A Portable Spa
- Cover the tubes from where water enters with a fabric to keep debris.
- You should clean your hot tub cover with the help of bleach and water so that it doesn’t get moldy.
- Set a timer when refilling.
- You can clean your filter cartridges with the help of spray cleaner, or replace them with new filters.
- Never leave the tub unattended if there are small children around.
- Never use household chemicals to clean the hot tub.Use chemicals that are made for hot tubs.
- If your hot tub has tiles, use baking soda to clean it.
- You can use white vinegar to clean the jets.
Inflatable Hot Tub Frequently Asked Questions
- How do you move a hard hot tub?
You need professional help to move the hard hot tub because it is so heavy. You could use dollies or trailers to help you move the hot tub from one place to another. Inflatable hot tubs can be moved by one person when it is deflated.
- How much time does it require for water to get hot?
It solely depends on the volume of water that is in the hot tub and the power supply given to it. The time span can vary with different amounts of water and the desired temperature.
- How long should you stay in a hot tub?
There is no limited on time spent in a hot tub. You can stay as long as you want to, but keep yourself hydrated. If you have health issues, check with your Doctor and see what he or she suggests.
Inflatable Hot Tub Accessories
There are some add-on accessories that you might want to consider purchasing down the road like head rests, beverage holders, hot tub cleaning agents, chlorine floater, defoamer and even a spa seat that you can put in them. Here is a full list of hot tub accessories to read more about.
Inflatable Hot Tub Conclusion
It is more affordable to get an inflatable portable hot tub rather than a Jacuzzis. The inflatable hot tub is not only cheaper but it can be moved very easily and is easy to set up and it can be deflated and put into storage during the winter months. It has all the features of a hard tub as far as water temperature, bubble air jets and a cover. For the price and its durability, you can’t go wrong. So, if you are looking for a 2 person portable hot tub up to a 6 person blow up hot tub these are all great choices for you. You can buy these at walmart, amazon and costco. Thanks for reading our reviews on inflatable hot tubs!